Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thankful....

Today I am thankful for.....

God - He saved me
My faith - It blesses me
Life - I'm able to breath today
Love - of my God, family and friends
Family - My soon to be niece or nephew
Friends - Mrs. Barb
My church - Raiford Road
A job
A home

I started thinking the day after New Year's that I would try my best to tell things I'm thankful for and have a better outlook on life. God has woken me up in this new year. He made me realize there are things that I needed to change about the way I live my life. My grandmother fell on Monday and hit her head on some stairs, and she hit them pretty hard. I was scared for her life although she made no big deal about it, she still says her head is really sore. What if that had been the last time I was able to see my grandmother alive? Were there some things that I needed to say to her, like I love you, or are there even some things I may have needed to apoligize for? Like not helping her as much as I should around the house. I know these things may seem so petty, but what if I hadn't told her I loved her lately? I know that she knows I love her, but sometimes it's just better to make sure the people you love, know that you love them. So whoever may read this, I do love you and I am very thankful for you!

{Sorry if it sounded like I was rambling, but there are tons of things going through my mind right now and this is how it happened to come out :)}

2 comments:

  1. Mandy,
    I'm so glad to see you back on here. I find myself constantly needing reminders to be thankful in all things. Thank you for letting Him use you today by reminding me how fragile life is and how we just don't know what can happen moment to moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mandy, "thankkfulness" is often a forgotten state of mind that we Christians forget to use daily! Your post is so sweet, so heartfelt and sincere. It is of utmost importance that we remember to thank Him daily for all things and all people. I'm tickled pink over what He's doing in your life in this new year. I'm thankful for YOU, Dear One in Christ! Thanks for loving me and calling me "friend." You are precious to me and to our wonderful Father. Keep posting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete